1.2 You do not need to give us any information to browse our website, but when you fill in the registration form to become a Member, when such facility is available, we do ask you for information about yourself. Once you become a member you may also complete a profile of yourself, and include a picture (your “Profile”). You can allow all, a selected few, or no users to see your Profile.
2. Personal Information we collect about you
2.1 As a Visitor, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
2.2 When you contact an institution and supply your email address, you will be registered automatically as a member, if the facility for registration is available, otherwise you contact the institution directly, outside of our website.
2.3 When you register as a Member, when such service is available, we may collect some or all of the following information about you:
• your name, username, email address, password;
• your address;
• information about your current educational status; and
• your subject areas of interest.
3. Our use of your Personal Information
3.1 We may use Personal Information submitted by Members in the following ways:
• to enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through our website;
• to provide enquiry and application services on behalf of course providers (these are the interactive services that come up when you look up details of a particular course);
• to display your username when you leave a message in a public area of the website, or when you leave a comment;
• to enable you to participate in competitions and offers for certain products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you inform us otherwise;
• to enable you to receive newsletters from us, which may include course information;
• to conduct market research surveys;
• to send you updates about our website;
• to provide you with information about products and services we offer;
• for general research purposes, to allow us to develop the products and services we can offer to you; and
• for website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on our website or feedback you may give us).
4.1 Your Personal Information may be passed to and used by our carefully selected partner companies in connection with providing services to you over our website and delivering or making our services available to you. We may also disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances: (i) if we are required to do so by applicable law or by order of a court or similar order; (ii) as deemed necessary, in our discretion, to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of a Member or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or (iii) in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our assets or stock or our affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
5. Hyperlinks to other web sites
5.2 We generally do not object to you linking directly to the homepage of our website, although we reserve the right to refuse our authorisation to such linking at our sole discretion. We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your website – our web pages must load into the user’s entire window.
5.3 We reserve the right to move or change our website URL at any time in order to meet changing business needs and to continually improve our online service. External websites link to our website at their own risk.
6.1 When you view or use our website we may store information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a “cookie” (essentially a small text file). Cookies allow us to tailor our website to your interests and preferences. For example, a cookie might contain information about the web pages you have visited on our website, which could allow us to customise your next visit to our website. However, cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer and we do not use them to collect personally identifiable information about you.
6.2 Most internet browsers enable you to delete cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, should you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on our website.
6.3 You may occasionally get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on our website. We do not control these cookies. The use of advertising cookies sent by third-party servers is standard in the Internet industry.
7. Search Engine
Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact from submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
8. Updating Your Personal Information
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, and where this is required for any facility we offer, we wish to keep it up-to-date. Please let us know if your Personal Information changes by sending us an email. We will try to incorporate the changes as soon as practicable.
9. Your right to see your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We may charge a reasonable fee for such requests as permitted by law. Please address your request to us. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete Personal Information about you on our files.